The Official E.S.G Recordings Web Site

Formerly known As Within The Doomed Drones

Public posting is no longer allowed on this site, It is now the .com page for ESG Recordings

R.I.P WTDD-JUNE 2009-MAY 2011

HomeGallerySearchPortalRegisterLog in
"The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them a light has shined." Isaiah 9:2

Share | 

Bible Passage Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NapalmDave37
The Gate Keeper
The Gate Keeper

PostSubject: Bible Passage Thread   Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:58 am

This on really needs no explaination. any and all bible passages that either inspire you to live right or helped direct you towards god or just help you in everyday life. Post them here.

I will start out with my altime favorite scripture. one that has helped my tremendously on my walk. i wont post the whole thing right now since im on my cellphone but here it is

PSALMS18

Read it. Learn it. Live for him...
Back to top Go down
http://napalmdrones.niceboard.net
Pat ChoKo
Master Of Posts
Master Of Posts

PostSubject: Re: Bible Passage Thread   Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:49 am

My favorite passage has always been II Corinthians 7:10 and 11:

From the NIV Version:

Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done. At every point you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter.

From the King James Version:

For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

New Living Bible Translation:

For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There’s no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death.

Just see what this godly sorrow produced in you! Such earnestness, such concern to clear yourselves, such indignation, such alarm, such longing to see me, such zeal, and such a readiness to punish wrong. You showed that you have done everything necessary to make things right.

I try to revolve my life around those verses. When I first got sick, I blamed everyone, mostly myself. When I found that verse, I stopped all the blaming. That verse tells me that maybe I'm sick for a reason. Maybe it's just a test... or maybe God wants me to share my story with people so they won't make the same mistakes I have. It's amazing how, when you're feeling down and out, all you have to do is pick up the Bible and all the answers are right there at your fingertips.
Back to top Go down
NapalmDave37
The Gate Keeper
The Gate Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Bible Passage Thread   Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:16 pm

i dig that one.

2 more of my favorites are located on the wtta myspace.

one is

the last enemy to be defeated will be death
Back to top Go down
NapalmDave37
The Gate Keeper
The Gate Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Bible Passage Thread   Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:18 pm

i guess i could have posted the other one.lol
Back to top Go down
Pat ChoKo
Master Of Posts
Master Of Posts

PostSubject: Re: Bible Passage Thread   Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:19 pm

He was pierced for our transgressions. He was crushed for our iniquities; The punishment that brought us peace was upon him and by his wounds we are healed.

-Isaiah 53:5
Back to top Go down
NapalmDave37
The Gate Keeper
The Gate Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Bible Passage Thread   Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:49 am

I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him. Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth-Revelation 6:8
Back to top Go down
metalmennonite
Rotted Corpse
Rotted Corpse

PostSubject: Re: Bible Passage Thread   Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:52 am

"What is man that Thou art mindful of him?" (Psalm 8: 4a, KJV)

This actually appears on the lintel over the entrance to Emerson Hall where the Philosophy Department is housed at Harvard University, and I love what it declares in that context.
Back to top Go down
Vitus7
Digger Of Drone's
Digger Of Drone's

PostSubject: Re: Bible Passage Thread   Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:03 am

John 3:16 brother
Back to top Go down
...Doomed
Digger Of Drone's
Digger Of Drone's

PostSubject: Re: Bible Passage Thread   Sat May 15, 2010 6:24 am

Cliche as it might be John 3:16 has always been my favorite
Back to top Go down
NapalmDave37
The Gate Keeper
The Gate Keeper

PostSubject: Re: Bible Passage Thread   Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:24 pm

God Bless The Weak, The Underground Dwellers And The Freaks, Help Us To Rise Above And Laugh At The Insults And Misunderstanding We Continually Deal With, Help Us To Offer Our Hands In Friendship To Those Who Never Give Us A Chance, Help Us To Pray For Those Whom Can Only Show Hate For It Is Them In The End Who Shall Be Judged...

There Is Hope For The Helpless, Just Cry Out To Jesus...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bible Passage Thread   

Back to top Go down

Bible Passage Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Official E.S.G Recordings Web Site :: Please Take A Second And Read The Posts In Here...-
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum